Friday, October 16, 2015

Croatia!!!

Hello again! We just got back from Dubrovnik, Croatia yesterday evening and it was absolutely amazing. I know on my itinerary it says that Istanbul was supposed to be our second port, but due to safety reasons we had to change our destination to Croatia. At first, I was slightly bummed out because we were really excited to go to Istanbul, but Dubrovnik turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Our first day in port, I was able to walk the famous wall around the Old Town of Dubrovnik and was able to see some amazing views. The old town (where we spent most of our time) had plenty to do and we were busy almost every minute we spent there. We went snorkeling by a nearby island where we saw an old shipwreck and all types of fish and octopi. Afterwards, we swam in a small lake that housed a cave. It was pretty fun, although I worried I'd step on a sea urchin the majority of the time. 

The rest of the day was spent relaxing on the beach and we were able to watch a sunset along the water, in addition to visiting some of the islands of Croatia. BUT, we did get stranded on this beach. The boat (which we paid for) that took us to this small beach, was scheduled to pick us up at 6:30pm. Turns out they forgot about us,  leaving us stranded. We ended up just calling a taxi and later demanded a refund for the boat ride we never received. They only gave us half back but it was still pretty funny. 

Our Air B and B had a HUGE number of stairs and we basically walked up and down those stairs several times a day. And they were literally called the “stairway to hell”. Like it actually read that at the top of the stairs. I better have some great legs by the end of this trip. 

Over the next few days we went kayaking, swimming, and out to some really great restaurants in Dubrovnik. Along with that, we spent a day in Montenegro, which is actually a completely separate country from Croatia, but only a two hour bus ride. It was a very scenic, peaceful place and a good change of pace compared to the business of Dubrovnik. 

On our last day, we spent time on the island of Lokrum which I think was my favorite part of  Croatia. It was a peacefully cute island (it also had a nude beach but we don’t have to get into that).

Overall, Croatia was amazing and I’m actually really bummed that we’re leaving. BUT we’re now on our way to Greece, so I’m extremely excited. We only have two days to plan for our time there and I’m trying to write an essay. Wish me luck!



 







No comments:

Post a Comment