Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Italy!!!

Civitavecchia (did I spell that right?) 
We ported in Civitavecchia on Saturday and I woke up bright and early for our first country! I also just had to wake up because I had a field trip in Rome, but it was so much fun. We toured the pantheon, the Basilica and other cathedrals, and it was stunning. I also saw Caravaggio's paintings in person?!?! (And if you know me well enough you know he's my favorite artist) It felt like a dream. After, we had authentic Italian lunch and gelato (nom). Later that night I went to dinner with friends and drank some wine. It was a perfect first day. 

Florence-
We took a train to Florence and stayed in an apartment and I gotta say, Florence may be my favorite (but I'm on my way to Naples now so who knows). Our apartment was so cute and had huge rooms. It was in the middle of a cute plaza with lots of restaurants. Everything was just cute. We strolled through the streets and I got some gifts for a few people back at home;) 
It was a success! 

Rome- 
Then we moved onto Rome where we stayed in an even BIGGER apartment and it was amazing. We hit all the major spots like the coliseum, Trevi fountain, Pantheon, among other sites. Lots and lots of pasta and gelato. We also went out to an Ice bar that was super fun despite my toes being numb. 

Naples- 
We only arrived in Naples about five hours ago and this apartment was even better than the last!! Then we walked around a bit and got dinner. I had spaghetti with muscles (so delicious) and my friend Liv got octopus salad? And I tried it! It was so good! I strongly recommend it! 

Well anyways we are now relaxing in our apartment and trying to update family and friends on our adventures. I feel like my legs are about to fall off because of all the walking up and down streets and steep staircases. Maybe I'll come back with super toned legs? Let's hope so.
This was a VERY condensed version of Italy so far but I think you get the gist. Good food. Beautiful sights. Nice people. I have never felt so lucky in my life. God sure is good my friends. 

PS- not sure if I will be able to update you until our next country (which has now been switched from Turkey to Croatia for safety reasons) so ciao for now! (Here's some pics of what I've been talking about!) 




No comments:

Post a Comment